St Patricks College and Teacher Training Facility
Cosgrove Electrical Services have completed 8 building phases at St Patricks College, Drumcondra Road, Dublin including a number of summer works projects as part of the global campus upgrade works.
The development includes refurbishment and upgrading to the chapel building, summer refurbishment of the academic buildings and conferencing areas. New construction of a bespoke teacher training facility, new construction of a campus library, new construction of supplementary academic and student calls areas, refurbishment of existing teaching room and lecture halls. The campus LV network and site lighting and security were upgraded.
- A New MV Substation to replacement the existing substation on site. This involved sequencing the new works to ensure the LV distribution system was paralleled with new LV cabling to allow the changeover of existing LV distribution cables on the live campus. As part of - the changeover process Cosgrove electrical conducted a full LV distribution and discrimination survey before implementing the changeover and replacement of the existing LV power distribution network on the St Patricks Campus.
- The main Electrical installation distribution centre was replaced and all outgoing circuits were surveyed and upgraded as part of the changeover to the new ESB Substation.
- Localised UPS back-up for all the communications and CCTV equipment/communications cabinets.
- An existing communications rooms maintained live for the full duration of the contract as part of the St Patricks / DCU campus communication infrastructure.
- Replacement / Upgrading / Provision of New LV distribution boards spread throughout the campus.
- Specialist lighting controls and automation of motorised Luminaire hoists to aid the maintenance and replaced to inaccessible areas.
- The Lighting control was Dali mostly with dimming and day light sensing and remote control of some rooms.
- Wiring efficiencies implement with lighting circuitry to reduce lighting output and energy costs by 50%.
- Emergency lighting was converted fittings mainly throughout. Centralised test facilities were provided.
- Underground cabling used throughout within the existing campus dedicated service vault.
- Intruder alarm system for the new buildings which signalled the 24hr on-site security station.
- Fire alarm installation was a mix of the extension of the existing wireless system and a hard wired system in the new building constructed on site. Networking of the overall campus was in accordance with the college fire strategy.
- CCTV installation – IP PTZ system linked to an existing monitoring station on site.
- Access Control was an extension of the existing campus system which could monitor door activity and status.
- Linking existing campus card system onto the new operational system without any down time.
- Data & Fibre installations – Multi Mode Fibre links from existing college campus communications room to smaller Satellite communication hubs throughout the college. – Data a mixed of existing cat 5e infrastructure and new Cat6 installation back to the satellite communication hubs.
- Campus infrastructure live interface connections – LV Power changeover - Fire – Security(CCTV) – Intruder – Access – Voice & Data/Phone – Fibre – BMS.
- Full Commercial Teaching AV Package including touch screens interactive white board TV / Conference facilities / Audio Visual system for the lecture halls and class rooms.
- Integration of specialist sub systems within the fit-out works such as lifts / AV College Teaching platforms.